Data Privacy Notice
Zeidler Data Privacy Notice – Clients & Suppliers
This Data Privacy Notice explains the personal data which Zeidler collects from individuals who work for clients and suppliers, the purposes for which data is collected and processed and how it is collected, processed and shared with others. This Data Privacy Notice also explains about the circumstances where such personal data may be transferred out of the European Economic Area, Zeidler’s approach to data security and the rights which data subjects may be able to exercise in relation to personal data which Zeidler collects.
Zeidler is comprised of the following entities:
Zeidler Legal Services RAG mbH, Zeidler Legal Services (UK) LTD, Zeidler Legal Process Outsourcing Limited, Zeidler Consultancy Services India PVT LTD, and Zeidler Legal Services (i.e. Mr. Arne Zeidler doing business as a sole trader in the Republic of Ireland under the business name Zeidler Legal Services).
- Each Zeidler entity above will be a data controller to the extent that it receives personal data of individuals working for clients and suppliers. A reference to Zeidler in this Data Privacy Notice means the relevant Zeidler entity above. Another Zeidler entity may act as joint controller for internal administration purposes within the Zeidler group of entities.
- In order to make it easy for you to communicate with Zeidler regarding this Data Privacy Notice, we provide a single contact point. In case of any communication related to this Data Privacy Notice with Zeidler, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can find the address of each entity in the Annex 1 to this Data Privacy Notice.
Personal Data we collect
Like any business, there is certain personal data which Zeidler collects and processes in relation to its customers and suppliers, so that we can operate effectively.
This data will typically comprise contact details (including address, telephone number and e-mail address), records of business communications (for example, e-mails and/or notes of discussions concerning business matters), Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We deal with customers who are professional organisations such as law firms, asset managers or financial institutions. There may be limited occasions where our instructions mean that we receive or collect personal data relating to individuals those customers work with or advise, where it is relevant to our instructions from that customer. In these limited cases, the information that we received is also typically contact details, which we forward to our clients.
Zeidler is a data controller in relation to all such data.
How we collect personal data
Most of the data we collect is via direct interactions with customers and suppliers, although sometimes we obtain personal data via our own initiatives, such as from websites, LinkedIn or other sources.
How we use personal data
Zeidler only uses personal data when the law allows it. Most commonly, we use customer and supplier personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and the interests and fundamental rights of the data subject do not override those interests. Such as participating in business-related communications, managing our contractual and business relationships or sending marketing and other materials of potential interest to customers and suppliers.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Where we send marketing materials to customers or suppliers we will always provide the ability to opt-out in each communication we send.
Sharing personal data with others
Zeidler shares personal data with other entities in the Zeidler group, third-party processors (who provide IT and software services to Zeidler). There may be rare occasions where the nature of a customer instruction or supplier relationship mean that we have to share personal data with limited third parties for that purpose.
The types of third-party processors which Zeidler uses includes IT service suppliers such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft, Salesforce and Xero, or other suppliers such as banks and accountants.
Zeidler stores and processes personal data within the European Economic Area (EEA) wherever practicable.
In the event that Zeidler does transfer personal data out of the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- Transferring personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission.
- Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe. For further details, see European Commission: Model contracts for the transfer of personal data to third countries.
- Where we use providers based in the US, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between the Europe and the US. For further details, see European Commission: EU-US Privacy Shield.
- Please contact us at email@example.com for further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your specific personal data out of the EEA.
- Data security
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
How long will you use my personal data for?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Your legal rights
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. These may include the right to:-
- Request access to your personal data
- Request correction of your personal data
- Request erasure of your personal data
- Object to processing of your personal data
- Request restriction of processing your personal data
- Request transfer of your personal data
- Right to withdraw consent
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or if you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
Zeidler Legal Services RAG mbH
Bettinastrasse 48, 60325, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Zeidler Legal Services (UK) LTD
Aldgate Tower, WeWork, 4th Floor, 2 Leman Street, London E1 8FA, United Kingdom
Zeidler Legal Process Outsourcing Limited
5 Lower Mount Street, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland
Zeidler Legal Services
5 Lower Mount Street, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland
Zeidler Consultancy Services India PVT LTD
Wework BKC, C-20, G Block, Bandra Kurla Complex, Mumbai:4000051, India