From fund formation to daily maintenance and cross-border registrations.
Formation of your Investment Funds
Start with Zeidler and you won’t look back. Benefit from our dedicated legal expertise and range of legal efficiencies to best structure and set up your investment funds.
- discussing investment policy and target markets to determine the right structure for your fund
- drafting your fund’s constitutional and offering documents
- negotiating and reviewing
service provider agreements
- managing your fund’s creation,
- liaising with the regulator
to obtain fund approval.
Legal Management of your Investment Funds
Accept no excuses. Everyday activities should be extraordinarily streamlined. Zeidler adds some zoom to investment funds law,
with nimbler processes.
- updating your prospectus or PPM, alongside memorandum and articles of association
- advising on day-to-day legal management of funds
- reviewing service provider agreements
- drafting corporate documents
- organizing AGMs and EGMs
- advising on eligible assets for UCITS
- managing regulator relationships, such as with the CBI and CSSF.
We support globally, with the registration of investment funds (UCITS and AIFs) in the EU and EEA proving extremely popular with our clients. We can also help you realize the opportunities for European funds in jurisdictions outside of Europe. Every year we carry out hundreds of fund registrations in 45 jurisdictions.
- passporting UCITS funds throughout the EU and EEA
- passporting EU AIFs with EU AIFMs throughout the EU and EEA
- registering non-EU AIFs or AIFs with non-EU AIFMs for distribution under the National Private Placement Regimes (NPPRs)
- registering UCITS funds and AIFs for global distribution in jurisdictions such as Chile, Singapore, South Africa and Switzerland
- translating fund documents
into multiple languages for filing with regulators and distributing
Ongoing Fund Governance
Once the registration of funds is completed in your new jurisdictions, let us take care of the ongoing fund governance.
- managing regulatory filings
- maintaining registration status
by filing updated fund documents with both home-state and host-state regulators
- reporting on compliance matters
- monitoring legal amendments
and regulator updates.
Cross-Border Legal Advice
We provide legal advise for asset managers to the laws of 45 jurisdictions and counting. This is a true one-stop-shop for your international legal needs.
- appointing local agents in distribution jurisdictions when required
- negotiating and reviewing distribution agreements and
other service provider agreements
- giving bespoke legal advice on distribution and marketing activities globally, including fact-sheet and marketing material review projects.
We can distribute fund documents and completed forms to regulators and investors on your behalf.
The document dissemination service includes disseminating updated fund documents by email to a list of local agents, distributors and other parties regardless of the number of recipients on that list or the number of times per year that documents must be disseminated.
We maintain a database of international fund distributors
and can help to establish contacts with distributors.
We can suggest suitable service providers (administrators, custodians, management companies) for your investment fund project and help
to appoint them.
As part of our fund formation services, we connect our clients to the required service providers and provide them with contact details, fees and services descriptions. These include:
- Management Companies
- Fund Directors
As part of our cross-border registration services, we connect our clients to local agents and provide them with contact details, fees and services descriptions. These include:
- Information Agents
- Centralisation Agents
- Paying Agents
- Swiss Representatives
Local Agency Services
We act as German Information Agent, UK Facilities Agent and Irish Facilities Agent for international investment funds.
Anleger aus Deutschland
Für OGAW-Fonds in dieser Gerichtsbarkeit sind wir als Informationsstelle tätig und erfüllen die Anforderungen des Deutschen Investmentgesetzes (GIC).Access investor information
UK and Ireland investors
Zeidler is a UK and Irish Facilities Agent. We help our clients with international investment funds to comply with the rules for foreign UCITS of the UK’s financial regulator (FCA) and the Central Bank of Ireland.Access investor information
We act as Process Agent on behalf of international parties who enter into transactions in Germany, Ireland and the United Kingdom.
Appoint us as your Process Agent and benefit from:
- Competitive pricing model
- Fast turnaround of documents and extreme responsiveness
- Straightforward and simple fee structure
- Flexible and service-oriented team
Company Secretary Services
Our comprehensive Company Secretary Services handle every aspect our clients and their board members require.
- organising and preparing fully for board meetings, AGMs and EGMs
- attending, overseeing and
- preparing and distributing approved minutes to all stakeholders
- updating the fund’s company registers and statutory records
- advising relevant parties
of key changes
- reviewing and completing
all necessary forms
- preparing an annual calendar
- maintaining the Company Seal and safekeeping of original documents
- providing Registered Office
services at our offices.
Stock Exchange Listings
We carry out stock exchange listings and stock exchange cross-listings for UCITS (any type including ETFs) and AIFs in the major EU jurisdictions and Switzerland.
- Preparation of the required application documentation
- Assistance with finding and negotiating agreements with the required service providers
- Filing and following through with the registration process
- Leading the communication with the stock exchange and any service providers
Notarisation Agent Services
We act as notarisation agents for international parties in connection with share purchase, M&A and other large legal transactions in any city in Germany.
- Very flexible and ad hoc availability
- Extreme responsiveness and quick document turnaround
- more than 9 years of experience in this specific area of work
- knowledgeable and experienced staff
We provide an end-to-end solution that combines our legal expertise with Zeidler Swift our digital platform to generate and manage your KIIDs. Our service spans all KIID related matters, including production, management, translation, legal monitoring and dissemination.
- Managing all KIID related matters – production, management, translation, legal content drafting and dissemination
- Providing annual as well as ad hoc updating caused by a change to:
- Performance data
- Ongoing charges
- Legal changes
- Client changes
- Providing all legal content
- Automated document generation
- Management of foreign-language translations
- Dissemination to regulators, distributors and shareholders via API / e-mail / download
- Active monitoring and maintenance of the compliance status
- Entire process is managed and monitored via Zeidler Swift.
Distributor Due Diligence (DDD)
We provide a digital Distributor Due Diligence solution that is future proof and can be tailored to your needs. We can help with all aspects of the DDD process, including validation.
- Providing access to our best-practice questionnaire or creating a questionnaire that meets your specific needs
- Managing dissemination and completion of the questionnaire by the distributor(s)
- Rating responses provided by distributors based on your rating priorities and risk appetite
- Validating responses provided by distributors via online / telephone / onsite validation
- Providing advise on how to mitigate identified risks
- The entire process is managed and monitored via Zeidler Swift.
Zeidler adds some zoom to investment funds law, with nimbler processes.
Registration of investment funds (UCITS and AIFs)in the EU and EEA.
Let us take care of the ongoing fund governance.
Demand answers to specific legal questions on the laws of various jurisdictions.
We can distribute fund documents and completed forms on your behalf.
We maintain a database of international fund distributors.
We can suggest suitable service providers for your investment fund project.
We provide local agency services in Germany, the United Kingdom and Ireland.
Process Agent Services for international parties who enter into transactions in Germany and the United Kingdom.
Our Company Secretary Services handle every aspect our clients require.
We list funds on stock exchanges in the EU and in Switzerland, including cross-listings.
A service for international companies doing business in Germany.
We provide a comprehensive and cost-effective KIID solution.
Our DDD solution helps you to make sense of your distribution network and ensures compliance and risk management.
Get ahead in your world
Zeidler’s range of asset management
clients includes some of the largest,
most respected names in the industry,
as well as boutique operators. We service
more than 100 clients with aggregate assets
under management above USD 1 trillion.
Zeidler’s strength is that they offer an end-to-end solution from fund formation to cross-border registration around the globe. We have worked with Zeidler for many years and have always been very pleased with the service.
I have only had a great experience working with the team...thank you for your partnership. Arne Zeidler and his team are first class, providing us a diverse offering of legal services at high level throughout Europe and other parts of the world.
Zeidler are true global registration experts. They have a vast pool of knowledge in a great number of jurisdictions.
From the outset, Zeidler have been informative, reliable and accessible. They have worked to fulfil our requirements with a capable and unobtrusive ease and we continue to consider them indispensable.